October 10, 2001
Sirius/XM ordered TrumpOnStern.com to take down all audio on Oct. 6, 2018. While this audio served a important public service and was clearly fair use, we do not have the resources to prove this in court.
Trump calls in to accept his “F-Emmy” award for the best celebrity fight, which he won for his heated on-air argument with gossip columnist and Stern regular AJ Benza.
Afterwards, Trump talks about the World Trade Center, which had been destroyed less than a month before the interview. He talks about the likely limitations on the height and commercial appeal of any replacement buildings, the stock market, and the anthrax attacks on journalists and politicians that followed shortly. Trump believes that the anthrax was from Osama Bin Laden. He also discusses his plans for another major disaster.
- Interview transcript (Factba.se)
- "New York's twin towers – the 'filing cabinets' that became icons of America" (The Guardian, May 20, 2015)
- Fernando Ferrer (Wikipedia Profile)
- "Timeline: How The Anthrax Terror Unfolded" (NPR, February 15, 2011)
- "Hoarding Cipro" (New York Times, October 17, 2001)
- Wollman Rink (Wikipedia profile)