November 9, 1995
Sirius/XM ordered TrumpOnStern.com to take down all audio on Oct. 6, 2018. While this audio served a important public service and was clearly fair use, we do not have the resources to prove this in court.
Stern and Trump discuss the cover of Howard’s new book, “Miss America.” Howard also jokes about Trump’s lack of service in Vietnam before talking about Trump’s work with Vietnam veterans’ charities.
Later Trump promotes his turn as the Grand Marshal of the 1995 Nation’s Parade, a large New York City event which honored veterans.
Throughout the interview Trump seems uncomfortable with Stern’s racial humor about the Vietnamese. Trump’s involvement with the Nation’s Parade seems to echo his interest in holding Bastille Day-style military parades on the Fourth of July.
- Interview Transcript (FactBase)
- Back cover of Howard Stern's "Miss America" book, which includes a photo of him with OJ Simpson
- "Donald Trump's Military Cowardice Goes Beyond His 5 Draft Deferrals" (Teen Vogue)
- "Searching for evidence of Trump’s personal giving" (Washington Post)
- "Veterans Day Parade Tries for a Comeback" (New York Times, November 10, 1995)
- "On Parade To the Beat Of History" (New York Times, November 12, 1995)
- "More than 500,000 watch Nation's Parade" (UPI, November 11, 1995)
- "Trump says he wants a massive military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4" (Washington Post, September 18, 2017)
- "Miss America (book)" (Wikipedia)