July 16, 2008
Sirius/XM ordered TrumpOnStern.com to take down all audio on Oct. 6, 2018. While this audio served a important public service and was clearly fair use, we do not have the resources to prove this in court.
Trump discusses his business dealings in the US and the Middle East and complains about George W. Bush. He suggests that if Obama wins the 2008 election, Stern’s taxes will go way up.
“A very nice Russian Gentleman”
Trump mentions a “very nice Russian gentleman” who paid him $100 million for a house in Palm Beach, Florida, and says he wishes Americans would still do deals like that. The Russian gentleman in question is Dmitry Rybolovlev (Wikipedia), a Russian businessman who is believed to be worth over $7 billion dollars. In the 1990s Rybolovlev was charged with the contract killing of a business partner.
- Interview transcript (Factba.se)
- MarksFriggin.com episode summary
- Dmitry Rybolovlev - the "very nice Russian gentleman" that Trump referred to (Wikipedia)
- "The Time Donald Trump Turned Away in Disgust While a Man Was Bleeding to Death in Front of Him" (Daily Beast, September 29, 2017)
- "Trump's former estate: The story behind the $95-million mansion tear-down" (Palm Beach Daily News, April 3, 2016)